Have you ever noticed an unpleasant smell in your kitchen coming from the garbage disposer? The cause is waste build-up that doesn't get removed during normal disposer use. To deal with this problem, many home owners have resorted to home remedies like ice and lemon peels to no avail. Rest assured, there is a solution.
Disposer Care® works better than the ice and lemon peel remedies because it doesn't mask the odors. The powerful foaming action scrubs away the waste that builds up in your garbage disposer leaving your appliance clean and lemon fresh.
So if you're tired of that nasty odor coming from your disposer, get Disposer Care®!
- Buy Now
Disposer Care® Foaming Garbage Disposer Cleaner
4.9 oz. (4-pack)
Disposer Care is designed to help clean and deodorize your garbage disposal. The blue foaming action wells up from the disposal, and cleans the entire unit.
The powerful blue foaming action scrubs away food, grease, odors, and build-up from the blades, sidewalls, and under the splash guard. Regular use of Disposer Care will freshen your sink and drain while eliminating grunge and odor.
It is recommend to use Disposer Care cleaner once a week to help clean, freshen and maintain your disposer.
Disposer Care can be used with any sink surface.
- Do not mix with other chemicals.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not use if other chemicals have been used in the sink or disposer as the reaction may stain your sink interior.
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
- Avoid inhalation, if product is inhaled move to fresh air.
Disposer Care is designed for use in properly working disposers. The purpose is to help clean and deodorize your garbage disposal. Disposer Care’s blue foaming action wells up from the disposal, and cleans your entire unit. Disposer Care cleans and disinfects the sidewalls, blades (impellers), splashguard, Flywheel and Hopper Chambers that collect and store waste food.
As for all of our products, it is best to contact the retailer for availability before going to the store for purchase. Visit our WHERE TO BUY page to locate a store near you.
- Start with empty, turned off disposer. Run strong stream of HOT water into the disposer-side sink (not directly into the disposer) for 1 minute. Reduce stream to trickle.
- Insert one biodegradable inner packet completely into the disposer (DO NOT OPEN THE PACKET), and then turn on the disposer.
- Cleaning is complete when cleaning foam entirely disappears, and you hear a “swish” of water (approx. 3-4 min). Rinse remaining foam from sink, and turn off disposer.
Disposer Care is safe for all types of plumbing and plumbing fixtures.
Most disposers have a shut off switch on the lower portion of the disposer. If the customer does not have one of these buttons, or is unable to locate it, have them let the disposer cool and then, when cooled, restart the appliance. Disposers will instantly shut off when they are overheated.
Ensure the users adhere to the following conditions:
- The water must not be pointed directly straight down the drain. The faucet must be pushed off to the side and water should be trickling down the drain at a stream at about the thickness of a pencil.
- Ensure that the water stream is not too strong. As indicated above, the stream of water should be about the width of a pencil.
- Ensure the temperature of the water is WARM or HOT.
- Make sure the water remains running at a smaller stream into the disposer while product is being used and disposer is on.
- Do not sever the package. It is biodegradable and will dissolve in the disposer.
- If powder is clumped within the package, knead the product with fingers to loosen the contents within the package.
- Ensure the faucet was running water into the disposer side of the sink.
Excessive buildup may require additional attempts of use. Advise the customer to run a strong stream of HOT water into their disposer for a couple minutes to loosen the buildup. After running the stream, tell the customer to repeat the same steps as before.
This may be due to an excessive amount of water being run into the disposer during product use. Inform the customer to reduce to a steady stream during use.
The pressure of the water system is determined by how many water applications may be running at one time. For example, if the shower and the hose are running while using Disposer Care, the foam may decrease on one side of the sink. The water pressure that is allowed through the cycle of the home or building can directly impact the amount of foam that will be present.
If powder is clumped within the package, inform the customer about kneading the package with their fingers to break up the contents within the package.
The nasty smell is gone from my garbage disposal! Plus it's kind of fun to watch it work.
Bought these for my grandmother. She complained of a bad smell in her disposal but after using these she says the smell is gone!
Love this one! My garbage disposer seems to drain faster and the stinky smell is gone!
Find our products at the stores shown below*. You can also buy Disposer Care and other Summit Brands cleaning products at our online store!
*Not all products are available at every retail outlet. Please check with the store closest to you for availability.
Visit our ONLINE STORE or buy our products online at: